Monday, November 1, 2010

Molly Clark and Kit at Bucknell

Kit and I are halfway through fall semester of junior year at Bucknell. I am increasingly grateful each year that I am lucky enough to have Kit here at college with me. She is such a huge part of my schedule but more importantly a huge part of my life. We have been with each other for 7 1/2 years now and I know I would be lost without her.
It has been an invaluable experience learning and growing up with her and that has continued throughout our experiences here at Bucknell. But other than the learning experience it has been, she has saved my sanity on more than one occasion. Being able to escape from campus and school work and go spend time at the barn with her is the most amazing thing. I think I am so lucky to have riding as my escape.
I am doing a different, pilot program this semester called Bucknell on the Susquehanna. It is a domestic study abroad program in which we study the entire Susquehanna Valley and Watershed. So I live on campus but am technically abroad. I am an Environmental Science major and this program involves a lot of hands on field work as well as an in depth independent research project. It has been awesome however it is slightly more "stressful' as we are away all day some days and we have had a few overnight trips. I still do my best to be around for Kit, and we are certainly doing fine, it is just tough to keep it all balanced along with other commitments I have here on campus. But if I keep it in perspective it is just another way we are growing and handling new challenges and we will come out of it stronger.
Kit has made some friends here, including one ridiculously fat pony named Tasty Cakes, but I'm pretty sure she will always miss Magic. I hope everyone is doing well!

- Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment